- Latin American Grassroots Movements Solidarity Conference, 9-11 November, Melbourne Australia
- Chile Solidarity Melbourne
- Protest Letter to Chilen Government
- Recaredo so far in Melbourne-Australia
- Sydeny Events
- Public Forum with CONFECH spokes person (Vocero) in Australia
- Solidarity Garage Sale & Cultural Day/Night
- Workshop: Building Social Movements from below
- LASNET meeting and info night on the TPPA & Latin America
- Solidarity Action in Support of Chilean Students 
- Solidarity BBQ 
- October Multinationals Corporations and Che relevance today...
- The Struggle For Free & Quality Education in Chile
- (Chile) Statement of the Convergence Against the Government’s Student Educational Reforms
- Enough is Enough! For Chilean Students, Workers & Mapuche People!
- Free and quality educacion in Chile Now!
Latin America Solidarity Network (LASNET)
In Australia, LASNET aims to raise awareness of the struggles and resistances of Latin American grass-root organisations, "from the bottom up and to the left", and works to support these initiatives through local and national activism. We also aim to use the Latin American example as a way of providing hope to those of us struggling in Australia against greed and increasing authoritarianism. Building solidarity with peoples in Struggle in Latin America, Australia & Asia Pacific. We believe in a society without patriarchy, authoritarianism and violence...and without neo-liberal capitalism.
Keep in touch: email@example.com
Free and quality educacion in Chile Now!
To: Chilean Government 19 August, 2011
Mr. Sebastian Piñera
President of Chile
Palacio de la Moneda
Santiago - Chile
c/- Diego Velasco von Pilgrimm
Minister Counselor, Consul General of Chile in Melbourne, Australia
Level 13, 390 St. Kilda Road,
Melbourne, VIC 3004.
Dear Mr. Piñera,
With the ongoing mass mobilisations of students, and their supporters, across Chile, we write to you to add our voices to those of our Chilean brothers and sisters in their struggle for free, quality education for all, at all levels; justice; and real democracy; amongst other demands.
We feel that quality education is a basic human right, not a luxury consumer good. As such, the Chilean State’s ongoing process of liquidation and commodification of public education (as embodied by the merger, closure and endemic underfunding of municipal schools in poor neighbourhoods, the high level of student indebtedness, and the increasing precarity of employment for teachers, amongst others) is reprehensible, and that students have mobilised in opposition to this process is both reasonable and of a necessity to ensure the fulfilment of this right.
Finally, we remain concerned for the health and safety of the number of students maintaining a hunger strike, and for those partaking in demonstrations and occupations; we find it unacceptable that harm has, and may continue to, come to those mobilised for the basic right to free, quality education.
For an education for the people, not profit!
Latin American Solidarity Network (LASNET)
Movement for Peace and Justice - Brisbane
Memoria Viva – Sydney
Colombia Demand Justice Campaign
Chilean Popular & Indigenous Solidarity Network
Mt Nancy Town No mining No Forestry Campaign Friends of the Earth Melbourne
Mujeres Latinoamericanas, Community Radio 3CR
Chile Solidarity – Canberra
Solidaridad para América Latina - Tasmania
Human Rights Initiative - Tasmania
University Students Association
Latin American Solidarity Society - Latrobe University, Victoria
Australia-Honduras Solidarity Coalition
(names of individuals withheld)
Please distribute this letter.
If do you like to add name or/and your organisation send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks